Meridian Fire and Police offer these simple guidelines for staying safe this holiday season:
- Slow down, especially when the roads are wet or covered with snow.
-Many of us like to warm our cars up by letting them run in our driveways in the morning. The Meridian Police Department would like to remind everyone, this is not a good idea. When you do this you are a prime target for vehicle thieves, especially if you leave your car unlocked.
- When shopping keep your purse with you and have your keys ready to open your car when you get to it (keep your hands free of clutter).
- Place gifts out of site in your car while shopping.
- Survey your surroundings when walking to or from your car.
According to the Meridian Fire Department one quarter of home Christmas tree fires are caused by electrical problems and although Christmas tree fires are not common, when the fires occur they can be serious. Here are some tips from the fire department:
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections.
- Following Christmas, if you have a real tree, be sure to dispose of it by taking advantage of Republic Services unlimited trash pickup and tree recycling week, the two weeks following the holiday. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home.
Construction is officially underway on Einstein's first Caldwell location at 4719 Cleveland Blvd (across from Walmart next to Primary Health). We anticipate opening for business in March or April of 2017! We're looking forward to serving the Caldwell community very soon!
On behalf of countless families with children battling cancer, we wanted to say thank you to all our employees and customers who generously donated a total of $3,977.71 to St Jude Children's Research Hospital during No-Shave November! Einstein's matching funds bring the grand total raised to $7,955.42! Together we made a real difference in the lives of these kids and their families! Thank you so much Treasure Valley! You once again demonstrated how incredible this community is!